Thursday 18 October 2012

My Friend Milliner John Shevlin

So I'd like to talk about hats , some people wear them and are transformed and some well .... aren't . My friend in Dublin John Shevlin, I must say makes the most fantastic hats and at reasonable prices too (approx 50-120eu). This year has been a wonderful year for John as his hats are for sale in Arnotts one of Irelands most  highly regarded stores aswell as in a beautiful boutique on Cows Lane Temple Bar. Not much to those of you outside Ireland but this man is gaining recognition internationally and has a very loyal clientele.
Here are some photos of the choices available and some that I couldn't resist trying on .



(Sorry for the bad photography :-/)
In recent years I believe Ireland has made way for hats to be back in fashion. Take Philip Tracey for example who is leading the way for Irish hat designers and making "mhuintir na hÉireann galánta" on an international stage. And it wont be long before John is recognised as one of Irelands best kept secrets.
 
Links To Shop&Browse
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment