Tuesday 20 November 2012

Dress For Success Fate and Fashion

Today I went to the local school to see perhaps if they would like an English tutor, no rendez-vous, appointment or anything just arrived at the door looking to speak with the "directeur". Little secret is that I was extremely nervous and didn't know what to expect all I had with me was my look and my charm (it doesn't go very far in the French language due to only speaking it a couple of months) my look on the other hand was carefully thought through. All went really well and low and behold I got the job.
I dressed smart a really beautiful H&M double-breasted grey coat (yes I finally got one :)) A beautiful Tom Tailor polo neck jumper and flattering jeans. Topped off with my glasses (normally don't wear them but hell with it, I needed to look intelligent).
One should never underestimate the power of smart clothing and how the world can change to your advantage with just an extra button done-up. Here's some images of the professional-not-too-wall-street-look.



P.S. The colour purple is associated with knowledge and good intuition and grey with formal and conservative luckily both go really well together and you can make yourself more attractive to possible employers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment